Friday, June 15, 2007

Sew Crafty Friday

Here is what I've been up to lately in the crafty department. Knitting!! :o)


This is a towel. I still need to sew on the button, and then it will fasten on to the stove handle or fridge handle. I have a little poem that goes along with it.

I suppose you might be wondering
what this little towel is for.
You button it through the handle
of your refrigerator door,
or maybe on the oven, any likely place
It's just for wiping fingers
and not for hands and face.
So if you get them drippy
there's no need to frown or scowl.
Just reach across and wipe them
on this pretty little towel.


I've also knit 4 dish cloths. It takes me roughly 2 hours to knit a dish cloth. I'm not sure how long it takes me to make a towel, but longer than 2 hours. lol ;o)


I use Handicrafter Cotton by Bernat to make these. I have quite a bit of yarn still left so I've started another towel. This color is called 'Rainbow'.

If you have a crafty project that you would like to share, stop by Shereen's blog and add your blog to the Mr. Linky, and see what crafty projects other bloggers are working on.

3 comments:

Mom2fur said...

Oh, those are almost too pretty to use! I just love towels that button to the oven door handle, don't you? I've never made crocheted ones like that (I don't really knit) but I have made some toppers with scrap fabric and my sewing machine. I like the colors in yours!

Mom2fur said...

Thanks for the nice comment on my little CD bag!

Shereen said...

These came out so very nice. I remember you started one of them before. I forgot all about it. It's so nice to see a little set like this, and a matching towel to boot. That poem is great. I thought that was a great idea, as it wouldn't get so dirty with just the wiping of wet hands, but then I remembered my boys' faces would be at the perfect height to wipe their mouths on it. lol ;0) Thanks for sharing. It was so nice to have you participating this week. Missed you!!