Here is a very quick update on what's been going on here in my neck of the world.
* DS turned 11 years old. I don't know how that happened because it just seems like we brought him home from the hospital.
* DS went to Junior camp for the first time. I also stayed at the camp because it is in a whole other province and it was his first time being away for that long. I think it helped him to know I was on the grounds if he needed me.
* DS & I went to campmeeting. We ended up coming home a few days early because my father-in-law, who was already in the hospital, got word that he would need to have his leg amputated. DS & I came home to be here with my husband and in-laws.
* My father-in-law had his leg amputated due to complications from diabetes.
* My husbands aunts came home for a visit to see my father-in-law. They took us (14 in total...would have been 15 if my father-in-law could've come too) out for supper and surprised my husband with a birthday celebration at the end. He was very surprised. :o)
* My father-in-law passed away 3 weeks after his surgery and 6 weeks after going into the hospital. Even though we knew he was struggling to get better it was still a shock to get the word that he passed away. We know this is not the end. We will see him again at the resurrection.
* My nephew got married. We are just 7 years apart in age and I practically grew up at their house. I was touched when he asked me to say grace at his wedding reception.
* Back into the swing of things with homeschooling. Still trying to juggle homeschooling, work and house keeping. I appreciate any prayers.
* Went to Prince Edward Island with DS, my husband, my mom & my mother-in-law. We just went for a few days but we had a great time. We had fun mini golfing, go cart racing, bumper cars and of course dressing up as Anne of Green Gables.
* We had a mother bear & her 4 cubs hanging around our fields...Yes! 4 cubs!! Haven't seen them lately though. We'll see who shows up in the spring.
So that is just a bit of what has been happening here. Still working on organizing that scrapbooking area. That is such a huge job that I am done before I even start. ;o)