Sunday, May 20, 2007

It's a Long Weekend

Here in Canada, it is a long weekend. Victoria day weekend. Tomorrow is the official holiday. As far as I know, there are not many (or any) celebrations for this. Mainly folks are just thankful for the extended break from work. Now Canada day(July 1) is really celebrated. Such a contrast from Victoria day.

My mom and 2 aunts are coming out to spend the day tomorrow. That means games all day, and lots of fun & laughs. Caleb loves it when they come out to visit. :o)

We had alot of wildlife here in our neck of the woods yesterday. On the way home from church, we saw a rabbit hopping down into our neighbor's yard. At suppertime, there was a moose walking up our driveway. He crossed over into the field and disappeared into the woods. After dark, when I was driving up the driveway there in front of me was a porcupine! The windows were up! lol :o)

Today, we went for a drive with my f-i-l. He wanted to go to a garden center. We got tomato plants, coriander, pepper plants, seed potatoes, onion sets and various seeds. I have absolutely no green thumb. :o( But when I get into a green house, I really think I can do it. lol ;o) I got some wild flower seeds to try. They look so great in the catalog. They are supposed to attract songbirds, hummingbirds and butterflies. I sure hope they grow, because they will make a nice flower arrangement too.

2 comments:

Pinehurst in my Dreams said...

Lisa - I got your comment to post. I had lost my comment link, and in an effort to restore it, I clicked a button where I had to "moderate" the comments. So I accepted them, and undid that option.

Thanks for stopping. PS I made colored links by changing the text color. I highlighted the link, clicked on the "T" with the colored box beside it, chose a color & voila' (The "T" is next to the "i" for italics at the top of the box for writing your posts.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog earlier and leaving me that link! It works wonderfully, thank you so so much for sharing with me! :)

Have a great holiday! :)