Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Slow Cooking

This is a recipe I usually make in the oven but, since my oven is temporarily down, I will be using my slowcooker a bit more. :o)

I put diced onions, cubed potatoes & sliced carrots into the slow cooker. You can also use turnips, parsnips or any root vegetable. Make any combination. Enough that would fill a 9"x 13" casserole dish. Put this into the slow cooker.

In a small bowl combine 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil, 2 tsps of seasoning (Mrs Dash or something similar) and a 1/2 tsp of salt (more or less if you like). Pour this mixture over the vegetables and mix well.

Cook on Low for 6 hours or on High for 3 hours.


It turned out quite well. When I make it in the oven, it is a bit crispy. Not too crispy, but crispier than in the slow cooker. In the slow cooker it is more tender. I like both ways of cooking it.

No comments: