Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Marriage Blessing

An elderly friend gave me this framed poem yesterday. I love it !


Here is what it says..........

We thank You, O God,
for the love You have implanted
in our hearts.
May it always inspire us
to be kind in our words,
considerate of feelings,
and concerned
for each other's needs and wishes.
Help us to be understanding
and forgiving of human weaknesses
and failings.
Increase our faith and trust in You
and may Your prudence
guide our life and love.
Bless our marriage, O God,
with peace and happiness,
For Your glory and our joy
both here and in eternity. Amen

2 comments:

Not the Waltons said...

Lisa, thank you so much for sharing this! I am sending my husband a love letter through the mail and had wanted to include something with it, this is just gorgeous and I know that he will love it! Thanks again!

Shereen said...

How very nice!! That's definitely a keeper. I understand why you like it so.