Saturday, March 10, 2007

Bookmark Craft

I teach my son's Sabbath school class. One of the activities each week is to make something to share with friends & tell them about the lesson. For today's activity it suggested tying a knot in a piece of rope to remind us what Jesus has done for each one of us.

I didn't have any rope, but I did find a great idea on a blog. I've looked everywhere for that blog so I could link to it but, do you think I can find it now?? When I do......and I will !! :o) I will link to it.

The idea I got from the blog was to make bookmarks using ribbon and beads. I didn't have beads so we used buttons instead. First we threaded the ribbon through the button, making sure the button was in the middle. Then we tied a knot near the button and also at each end.

We attend a very small church, so we were able to share a bookmark with the other members too.

Here are what they look like finished............


This is the one my son chose to use in his Bible. You can kind of see the button at the top and the ribbon at the bottom.

6 comments:

Not the Waltons said...

What a wonderful and quick idea!! I am sure that they were a hit at Sabbath School! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea, I love that! :)

Susanne said...

What a cute idea! For my dayhome that would make a great mother's day gift the kids could make!

Nice to meet you fellow Canadian!

Anonymous said...

Oh, these are cute & it'll give me an excuse to buy ribbon too!

Shereen said...

These are so cute. I am going to have to try those out with my children. Thanks for sharing. It looks simple and quick, which is good.;0)

Unknown said...

I'm collecting inexpensive craft ideas for VBS this summer-- this is great!!!!