Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Where Does the Time Go??

Wowzers, it is July already!! That is almost hard to believe. It doesn't feel like July here though, more like fall instead.

It is also hard to believe that our son will be turning 9 years old in a few weeks. It just seems like we brought him home from the hospital. Time sure flies! I remember visitors (with grown children) at the hospital telling us that he would grow fast. I couldn't imagine that. How could someone so tiny grow that fast?? Well, they were right he did grow fast. Almost too fast for this mama.

He's pretty much decided that he wants a hockey cake for his birthday. That means I have to get creative and come up with something cool. :o) Possibly a flat cake with a rink surface design, or a maple leaf shape for his favorite team. It should be fun. I'll post pictures of the cake after the party.

3 comments:

sweetscentsandmakeup said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog!

I can't wait to see your son's b-day cake!

Anonymous said...

Oh Lisa, Thank sounds like so much fun, baking a cake that looks something like hockey. I'm not a baker at all.

Unknown said...

I know what you mean. I've got a baby turning 1 next month. The nerve of him to stop being a newborn!