Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Works for Me Wednesday
Hmmmm??? What could I share for "Works for Me Wednesday"? I haven't participated in this for a few weeks, but I read the other WFM posts and get alot of great tips. I wanted to share something, but I couldn't figure out what that might be. Until this morning.
I was hanging out my laundry (yes the weather is that nice here now! Yay!) and I thought that I would share what I have found to work for me. Hope it might work for you too.
1) I wash all of our clothing inside out. Yup, all wrong side out. :o) I find by doing it this way that the fabric doesn't get all picky and rough looking.
2) I wash all clothing in cold water to prevent it from shrinking.
3) I don't put clothing in the dryer unless absolutely necessary. I will either hang it outside if the weather is agreeable, or I will hang it upstairs.
4) When hanging my laundry outside, I make sure to hang any exposed 'right side' material (necks of tops, etc.) away from the sun. Early in the morning, I would face it in one direction. After a few hours, the sun is on the other side of the line so I will hang it in the opposite direction. By doing this it will help prevent fading. I have a pair of pants I bought about 6 years ago and they are still in great shape. Very faded on the inside, but still bright on the outside. :o)
5) Towels, dish towels, dishcloths, etc. I wash on warm/warm and put these into the dryer. I think it may be healthier to have these things dried in the dryer because of the heat factor.
Well I'd better go an d bring my laundry in. Don't like to leave it out too long. ;o)
Stop by Rocks in My Dryer to read more 'Works for Me Wednesday' tips.
Graphic from Cute Colors