Monday, April 16, 2007

I Keep Forgetting It's April

We are still getting hit with winter weather. :o( Today has been freezing rain & snow.

My mom gave me some very ripe bananas so, I had planned to make some banana bread today. I found this recipe that will make lots! However, with the rain, snow and wind, I was afraid that the power would go out. I didn't want to take a chance that I would end up losing all the batch. We've been fortunate though because the power has stayed on. I've charged up the cell phone just in case. :o)

It looks like our Tuesday plans will be changed because of our weather situation. That's okay though, I can always find lots to keep me busy. Always lots of cleaning and tidying to do. Looks like I'll be able to participate in Tackle it Tuesday at 5 Minutes for Mom. :o)

The knitting bug has bitten me. I dug out my yarn & needles last night. I thought I would work on a dishcloth (or 2) for Sew Crafty Friday. It's a new pattern I found online and I'm pleased with how it is turning out.

1 comment:

Shereen said...

Hi Lisa, believe it or not, it's been chilly over here as well. I had to put a sweater on this morning to walk the dogs. Brrr...lol Okay, I just checked my local weather, and it's 62 degrees. Please don't laugh at me. lol I really was cold. ;0) It is going up to 81 one though. Ohhh, I can't wait to see your knitting. That's on one of my list of things that I would like to learn one day. Once I master crocheting a little better, maybe I will venture down that path. ;0) I can't wait to see your tackle.